Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Poem in My Pocket


There’s a poem in my pocket,
It’s worth more than gold,
I’ve made several copies,
For the original is old.

I carry it with me,
To countries afar,
It keeps you beside me,
Wherever you are.

You wrote words of love,
That was fifty years past,
We knew, even then,
It was destined to last.

You talked of our dreams,
Most have come true,
Because of goals shared,
Between me and you.

We’re full of wrinkles,
And our walk is now slow,
But, whenever you smile,
Your face is aglow.

I know it by heart,
This poem that you said,
For me and for all,
On the day that we wed.

Carmen Henesy

Copyright (c) 2010 by Carmen Henesy
All rights reserved

11 comments:

  1. Yum, that's a warm and enriching one!
    Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me a really warm heart.
    Memories are one of the property.

    There is the happiness in a heart.
    Yes, I do not see them.
    However, there is surely them.


    I thank for your always admiring my calligraphy.
    I am glad that I was able to meet a good understanding person you.

    From the Far East.
    Best regards.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:03 PM

    What a refreshing piece of hope.

    Please have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne - glad you liked this poem! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruma2008 - as you can see by all the comments I've forwarded to you, your beautiful photography lures people to my blog!! Glad you are reading it, as well. One of these days, you'll see yourself the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ρομπερτ - I wrote this poem, hoping that my son, Alex, who marries May 7th, will truly have a lifetime of happiness. It seems pretty rare in this world today but they had their first date six years ago so I will cross my fingers ( and
    pray ) that they will have fifty years ( or
    nmore ) of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welchcakes Limoncello - it always makes me happy when you like one of my poems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a touching poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharkbytes - I got the prompt for "A Poem in My
    Pocket" while I was doing ratings on Helium...sometimes that inspires me to write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifull poem
    it makes me so relax and fresh

    ReplyDelete