Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alphabe Thursday - "V" Is For Visit to UCSF Dermatologic Surgery - March 10, 2011


That little mole was always there,
On the right side of my nose,
When it suddenly started bleeding,
Then my concern arose.

I went to see my doctor,
And said I had to see,
A consultant specially trained,
In dermatology.

I diagnosed a cancer,
Basal cell in kind,
 Dr. Cheung agreed,
And so pathology did find.

Referral then was made -
I asked for the very best,
For Mohs micrographic surgery,
UCSF beats all the rest.

So this nurse becomes a patient,
Though I hate to play that role,
But to end up cancer-free,
Is my primary goal.

I thank the dedicated staff,
For all the good they do,
In their committed work of healing,
Folks like me and you.

Carmen Henesy


Copyright (c) Carmen Henesy
March 10, 2011

I am participating in Jenny Matlock's Alphabe Thursday - check out the site and join in the fun!!









17 comments:

  1. So fun! Love your poem and hope the healing is over. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can only say
    Brave Heart
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great poem and I'm glad you got good care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you were blessed to be cared for my wonderful doctors and nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and good health. Another amazing poem (how do you do it?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem, and am so glad you got this taken care of.

    =)
    PS. I'm pretty late for Alphabe-Thursday this week, so here's my link:
    Vistas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent rhyme and stance . being an original story makes it all the better . Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carmen,

    Hope you have a rapid and complete recovery...

    xxoo,,

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
  9. wishing you a quick recovery! good for you for knowing to seek help immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, your jolly poem put that cancerous mole in its place. Zap, gone. Hope you're recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice poem! Sorry for the diagnosis; wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good you had it looked at and taken care of quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had one too on my cheek, fortunately it was discovered in time and I almost have forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Living in Arizona makes us all very aware of skin cancer. I have my skin checked twice a year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carmen, what a beautiful piece of poetry to express such a worry.

    I'm glad you are seeing the best.

    I have slack offed visiting the dermatologist for a few years. Judie's comment and your wonderfully brave poem remind me that it is time to schedule an appointment.

    Sending a prayer your way.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading your posts backwards, but it's great like a mystery. Smiles. I am getting more and more details. Have a great day today, we sprung forward.

    ReplyDelete