Wednesday, December 30, 2015

At the Dawn of 2016



I'm pensive at this New Year's dawn,
I wish my heart felt light,
It's hard to celebrate and cheer,
When world peace seems out of sight.

I am seventy-one this year,
I'd hoped that I might see,
A new year when I'd really feel,
A sense of revelry!

What joy if only hatred ceased,
And terror stopped its spread,
And each new year brought hope,
And a bright outlook ahead!!

Much of the world is suffering,
Each day, worse than the last,
I wish our resolutions could,
Make all this in the past.

I pray that in this year to come,
Our hearts will overflow,
In love and true compassion,
Towards those who need it so.

May all of us slow down a bit,
In the chaos and the strife,
And stop to breathe and cherish,
The treasures in this life.

Let's start at year's beginning,
To find some joy in every day,
To be a bit more loving,
In our own special way.

Best wishes to all for blessings
and peace in the new year.

Carmen Henesy
12/30/2014







6 comments:

  1. The world needs peace now!
    Very well said Carmen. Great poem.
    Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, Carmen. I feel the same way too.
    Hope you are on the mend for your surgery and feeling great for the new year.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your blog please check our website there is a nice content which you will enjoy with your family or friends Bhakti cassette

    ReplyDelete